First the Basics: LDN 101

"LDN" (low dose naltrexone) is an "alternative" medication used with surprising success in treating immune disorders, both autoimmune and immune deficient. Taken orally at bedtime, LDN works by briefly blocking opiate receptors, thereby "tricking" the body into increasing endorphin production. Endorphins being a central part of the immune system, increasing their production has been shown to help correct immune defects.

10/11/23

Checking In So You Won't Think I'm Dead or Something

 It's been several years since I posted anything, because I honestly have nothing to add. LDN is presumably the primary reason why my MS has been so stable for so many years. I'm grateful to report that I STILL haven't had a relapse. And none of my initial symptoms have worsened at all, and one has resolved. I'm still taking 12mg of LDN at bedtime, which was my idea.

 I'm 73 years old (as of last week), so naturally I have some symptoms of aging, but nothing new related to MS. 

 

I am WELL aware that I've been VERY lucky. I know most MS patients have a harder path. I wish you all the best. 





No comments: